Sunday, December 23, 2012

BP’s monetary gift came at inappropriate time


The more important point relates to BP’s Article 10 application for a 124-turbine wind project that would cover our town from corner to corner. For BP to have their proposal approved they will need to convince the state Siting Board that the town’s zoning law is too restrictive and that it should be thrown out. Our zoning law, however, was designed to protect the health, safety and general welfare of our community, and the town will fight to keep our law in place.

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2012
In a Dec. 14 letter, Paul and Elaine Mason claimed I was worse than Scrooge for questioning the intentions of BP for offering money to the food pantry in Cape Vincent. I thought I would explain what the Masons failed to explain.
In the Article 10 meeting with BP I never mentioned the food pantry in my questions to BP’s attorney, John Harris. I referred to service organizations in general, albeit the food pantry is one of the service organizations in Cape Vincent.
 continue reading via this link 

No comments: